Survivalist Forum banner

I made a kydex holster for wifes NAA "Earl"

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  hatchet jack 
#1 ·
I made the kydex holster for my wifes new NAA "Earl" .22 magnum shown with with a Cold Steel Scimitar Spike on a Poor Man's Knife Harness

let me know what you think...

got more pics if you want to see them

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you,
dont have any 'how to' photos yet... but the wife wants another one so ill take some pics of how i did it for that one....

short version:
1. Took square of kydex that was bigger then i needed (for this one, about 1 inch extra all around each side).
2. used heat gun to heat line down center of the kydex, then folded the kydex almost in half, this forms the area where the sight and hammer goes.
3. insert gun and center in the fold of the kydex.
4. place 3 inch foam on table then lay kydex with gun inside, on top of foam, heat a section of the kydex, then place another piece of 3 inch foam on top, place a board on top of the top piece of foam.
5. clamp board/foam sandwich down to table (can also be done on the floor and kneeling on the board)
6. wait a few min
7. open it up and see what you got.
8. repeat 4 through 7 as needed for both sides
9. once you happy with the forming, trim away the kydex thats not wanted

found that working in small areas and forming a little bit at a time is easier for me instead of heating the whole piece of kydex in a toaster oven and trying to center everything while holding a hot piece of plastic. :)

#4 ·
I think you did a fantastic job. Where do you buy the material and the screws to hold it together? A "how to" would be a great sticky. So how about more detail if you have the time?

#7 ·
more pics

Here are some more pics of the kydex holster I made for the wife's NAA "Earl" .22 magnum shown here with a Cold Steel Scimitar Spike on a Poor Man's Knife Harness which is normally worn under the shirt unless she is wearing a jacket.

thank you for the great feedback

Attachments

#8 ·
I look forward to your "How To". Also how do you like your Earl revolver? I thought they were cool when they came out. Like that they come in 22/22 mag and are smaller sized. That should be a dandy trail gun. I got outbid on one a while back on GB. I wondered what I had missed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.