Survivalist Forum banner

NEW aftermarket stock for 10/22 Takedown

42K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  bobbydeadup 
#1 ·
See less See more
#8 ·
i contacted the person making these and had him make me a set the wait was roughly one month but worth it. cost was $150+$12 shipping i love it is a rock solid lockup at the rear takedown. my only compliant is its .4lbs heavier but theres nothing he could do about that as its made of wood. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

weight=
sythetic 10/22 TD= 5lb
wood ultra takedown= 5.4lb

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/Burtonjussi/DD1E86D6-8619-4E47-9EB9-FA881967D5AA-4864-[IMG]
[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/Burtonjussi/30A491EF-1304-4FCD-8195-28BDCB30E730-4864-000003171AB1EF43_zpsa5d2522a.jpg

#13 ·
Neat idea and thanks for sharing the detailed photos. It appears that you have a very small package with this set up. A few questions if I may...

1. I was wondering if you could list the measurements of all 3 pieces when they are broke down please?

2. Is the person making these considering making them out of synthetic stocks?

3. While .4 lbs is not all that much, I have an idea that may reduce it as well as reduce the OAL. Have the bbl cut down to the 16in mark with ability to re-install the front sight. Other than additional funds, this might be a double win for what your wanting to achieve?

4. Still working on the QD sling idea myself. If you have any ideas I'm interested.

5. Are those Tech sights on your 10-22, or another type?

11B

#14 ·
1. barrel 18 3/4"........receiver section 12 1/2"....... butt stock 8"

2. he modifies existing wood 10/22 stock and there would be no "meat" for the butt stock for a synthetic one cause there hollow so i dont think its possible.

3. i am already in the process of having the barrel cut crowned and sight moved back! but its only 2" of barrel i dont think it will be .4lbs

4. ill update this post once i figure out what im doing for my sling

5. yup tech sights i wanted to keep this project small and light weight so a scope was out i love them so far

#17 ·
Interesting. I was thinking the same regarding the 2in bbl cut and ounces shaved.

This is similar to a project I am working on (off and on)

So far, my trial runs with the hollow synthetics havent met my restrictions, as additional "meat" that I installed failed. I'm out about 50 cents or so.

Wood seems the way to go for obvious reasons.

I had a bbl done up similar to your bbl, and had them thread it to boot. ( Cans are legal in my neck of the woods)

Oh well....work in progress.

11B

#15 ·
lol...I guess if you enjoy throwing away money...

the barrel is the limiting factor, if your SBR'ing it and REALLY want that uber small package then fine but with that setup, you still have to have a bag long enough to encase the barrel...you are in essence not making the total package any smaller. I personally dont care much for these "pack" rifles since they dont fit in my prep plan, my 702 plinkster breaks down plenty small enough to fit in my pack or BO-box so there is no way that Im dropping $400 just to have the "latest and greatest".

#26 ·
Just finished my own for my Takedown; I had an old John Masen/Black Warrior stock that I never used because it's the WORST made/fitting 10/22 stock I have ever seen, so I chopped it up for this project. I used a UTG folding mechanism, a basic M4 stock that I also had laying around, and a VLTOR tube that has a waterproof compartment.

If anybody can tell me how to post images, I've got some good DIY ones. And no, the FAQ instructions do not work (the only option I have is to post links).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.