Survivalist Forum banner

Why is .22 ammunition so hard to find right now?

67K views 55 replies 44 participants last post by  sandline 
#1 ·
Why is .22 ammunition so hard to find right now?

#9 ·
Just came from my toy store and he had Winchester, Remington CCI and a new one on me so I bought a 1000 rounds of Winchester M22 to try out and he gave me a 100 rounds of Remington 22 Ceebee that he had just got in that neither of us had heard of. He still had about 4000 rounds of various and sundry types of 22LR on the shelf when I left. He also had about 8 AR lookalike 22's on the rack waiting for their new owners to come in and get them and a few AR15's waiting for their new owners to clear the check. The boys and girls at the FBI appear to be a little behind. He had cases of 9MM. 45, .380 and 40cal stacked up behind the counter and on the floor in front of the counter. Apparently i got there right after his delivery came in.

#16 ·
No I dont have a TV, I live in the U.P in a cabin without electricity. Please fill me in on what has been happening recently that would cause .22 ammo to disappear.

The anti-gun war drum is beating very loadly right now. And there is incomming ban/resrictions heading our way,so everyone is paniced.

The main stream media is pushing hard on banning ALL semi-automatic weapons and all mag. with more than 10 rounds. So everywhere you go you cannot buy a rifle because they are all sold out and now everyone is buying ammo as well.

#17 ·
i have probably 4-5k rounds of various .22 ammo. even with that, i was at wally world a couple of days ago and saw they had a few 225 round boxes of Rem .22 for $9.95. yeah, i got some for sure. good price in today's market and it's always good to have more ammo than you think you'll need.

#18 ·
I was in academy the other day and happened by the ammo section. Shelves were empty of the popular calibers but the less-popular ones had plenty. I happened to glance at the 22mag section an noticed a fex boxes of bulk minimag 22lrs that were mistakenly put in the wrong place. I helped myself to 2 boxes.

I am seriously considering buying a less-popular caliber just so i can find ammo in times like these.

#41 ·
well i will add a few more traitors to the list.

Eric Holder, Diane Feinstein, joe breakdancin' biden, hillary clinton, and barry soetero (communist in chief).

Those of us who saw this coming over a decade ago have been procuring supplies to continue to enjoy our 2nd and our hobby.

The shelves are being cleared by the last minute holdouts who thought this would never happen. The asleep are still doing nothing to arm themselves.

BTW walmart also is toying with the idea of NOT reordering ammo, because they are in the back pocket of the powers that be (see tvs at checkout spouting "see something say something").

Good luck in the contest to those of you who havent purchased your supplies yet.

#22 ·
I received a sale catalog for January from son line store I usually buy form. They had American eagle 1000 rd loose box of .223 for $399.99. Today the online sight had the very same ammo for $999.99. There is nothing like sticking it to the very people who support them for years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.