Survivalist Forum banner

Trauma/First aid kit

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kaushalsingh 
#1 ·
Greetings,

I am looking on Amazon for a Trauma/First aid kit package that I will add to it.

My goal is to have it fit into that pouch:

I was thinking to start with this one Amazon.com: Adventure Medical Kits Tactical Field/Trauma with QuikClot: Health & Personal Care and add another Quickclot, triangle bandage, israeli 6 inch bandage (That one I'll need to get some training on it), add the usual (aspirin, tylenol, bite, tri-antibiotic, etc....)

Anyone has a better choice?

Thank you
P.S.: I got some first aid training but was not able to get combat training for the serious stuff. I read quite much however. The bad thing: I am the vasovagal type hehehehehe

#2 ·
I'll make a couple of suggestions. First of all, consider whether you're building your kit around treating others or yourself. If yourself, look at items (like the Israeli bandages, maybe also the SWAT-T) that can be applied one-handed. Don't forget about burn treatment, eye treatment and even dental issues.

As a possible alternative to the Field Trauma kit you linked, also look at the Adventure Medical Kits "Hunter" version, which includes items to treat gunshot wounds and other "lost in the woods" injuries.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.