Survivalist Forum banner

New "Zombie" drug that rots humans alive *GRAPHIC IMAGES*

19K views 89 replies 34 participants last post by  labotomi 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A very, very worrying sign of how drug users are going to extremes of the extreme lengths to get their fix. Sadly, they simply cannot rehab themselves off this drug, and so the chilling effects become ever more present.

I wonder how long until this spreads? It has already been reported in small numbers in Germany.

"Desomorphine attracted attention in 2010 in Russia due to an upsurge in clandestine production, presumably due to its relatively simple synthesis from codeine.

The drug is easily made from codeine, iodine and red phosphorus,[9] in a similar process to the manufacture of methamphetamine from pseudoephedrine, but desomorphine made this way is highly impure and contaminated with various toxic and corrosive byproducts.

The street name in Russia for home-made Desomorphine made in this way is "krokodil" (crocodile), reportedly due to the scale-like appearance of skin of its users, and it is used as a cheaper alternative to heroin, as codeine tablets are available without a prescription.

Since this mix is routinely injected immediately with little or no further purification, "Krokodil" has become notorious for producing severe tissue damage, phlebitis and gangrene, sometimes requiring limb amputation in long-term users. The amount of tissue damage is so high that addicts' life expectancies are said to be as low as two to three years."

Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desomorphine

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/krokodil-the-drug-that-eats-junkies-2300787.html

***********WARNING *GRAPHIC IMAGES***************​

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

See less See more
#4 ·
These effects are due to the impurities of the drug due to clandestine manufacturing not really the drug itself, similar things happen to people using very impure heroin over a long period. It is unlikely this will spread far as heroin production in Afghanistan is keeping America and many other nations well supplied with relatively pure heroin

#19 ·
I've had morphine before and I can attest that it's a wonderful feeling. Demorol is good too but I "enjoyed" the morphine much more.

This wasn't recreationally, but I can see how someone taking more than I was given could really like it and after a few times, get addicted. At that point, some will be willing to "roll the dice" with whatever means they have to get their fix.

#24 ·
Looks like a problem that fixes itself unlike a lot of other drug abuse issues.

I'm not convinced it's true, the photos are graphic but have a PhotoShopped appearance to them.
If it's a hoax, it's been going on for a while, and being updated. I saw something about this a couple of years ago with different pics. The pics I saw weren't quite this bad, but could lead to this without any treatment.

#30 ·
Am I the only medical professional here, that thinks the first 2 pictures look suspicious? The OP dosen't give the source of the pictures and the link to the news article dosen't contain any. The video posted by another member was perhaps a better representation, until :27 when there is a bad edit and we are once more looking at the patient in picture #2. Please take note that the drugs name supposedly comes from the effect it has on the skin - it should have scales. Now look at the pictures again, does either patients skin look scaley to you?

#34 ·
The drug would probably not be seen in the US due to a higher percentage of drug users who can actually afford heroin and cocaine etc. However, it may be more appealing due to the fact you can get a more powerful sensation for a cheaper price, and easy to make at home (even if the main component is controlled). I can assure you those pictures are genuine, if you want more proof, LiveLeaks has a few videos shot inside the Russian rehab centres and hospitals of users at various stages of drug use. I must warn you they are very graphic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.