Survivalist Forum banner

AK-74's for sale--$400

42K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Heckler&Coke 
#1 ·
Recently posted for sale: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CAKWASR2

The best price I've seen on these in years. The tragedy is, I can remember AIM selling these for $300 apiece back in 2005. Back then, 1,000 rds of 7.62x39 Wolf ammo were also $100.

Prices are coming back down as the paranoia over Obama subsides (too much on his plate to blow political capital on anti-gun legislation) and the wars calm down, but I don't know if they'll ever drop down to the levels of just five years ago.

This has taught me a hard-earned lesson that should resonate well with survivalists: Use the good times to prepare for the bad. When guns and ammo are cheap, buy a whole lot of them because they won't be cheap for much longer.

#6 ·
I coulda sworn there were better quality 74s from Lancaster Arms around the same price awhile back. Wonder if they're still out there, I tried to order one from AIM, and Atlantic but they were always sold out... They were called "Rough Riders" or something to that effect...

If you could find them used or on gunbroker or something, I think they'd be a better shot for quality and price than a wasr 74.

#7 ·
I coulda sworn there were better quality 74s from Lancaster Arms around the same price awhile back. Wonder if they're still out there, I tried to order one from AIM, and Atlantic but they were always sold out... They were called "Rough Riders" or something to that effect...
If you could find them used or on gunbroker or something, I think they'd be a better shot for quality and price than a wasr 74.
Lancaster has some quality control issues with those, IIRC. I think they have it sorted out now, but, they took a huge PR hit over it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.