Survivalist Forum banner

My tarp tent tested (pics)

5K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  Domindart 
#1 ·
So I went camping out on some local property with a few friends. Had a nice bonfire, and constructed a temporary shelter with some axe sharpened tent spikes, a tarp and 2 bungee cords. This is what the shelter looked like, it protected me from the dew very well. It was 45 degrees that night. The woodman's pal tool was used to take down the sapling and trim the little leaves and sticks off of it. The shovel was used to bury the main pole.

The tools used:

2 bungee cords
1 tarp
1 gerber pax
1 gerber shovel
1 woodsman pal

Attachments

See less See more
#19 ·
Last time I was in a tarp tent it was hosing down under mountains and I was so drunk that I:

a: chose to be there instead of in the tent.
b: had run through the bush in my underware before hand.
c: rolled around in the mud 'n rain laughing so much it hurt.
d: passed out before the sun went down.

I woke up during the night and rehydrated by slurping water off the tarp that made the floor of the shelter. After that I slept some more until the early hours of the morning until my water resistant down bag finally started taking on water from the pond I was sleeping in.

After that, the next day we crossed a number of waste high river torrents that were mere ankle high streams the day before. The silly poms that were experiencing the NZ life / wilderness were worried at the thought of it all while us kiwi's were laughing and continuing the good times...

P.s. it was a badly designed tarp shelter that I wasn't involved with when it was put up :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.