Survivalist Forum banner

Bauer .25ACP

14K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  whirlibird 
#1 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

I've fired two of these, they were perfect.
Any stories to the contrary?
I found one for 219.00 and want to buy it.
Opinions wanted...

See less See more
#4 ·
The Bauer is a well made copy of the Baby Browning. The Baby Browning was banned from import by the 1968 Gun Control Act. Bauer got permission from Browning to make them in the USA. It is the smallest semi auto pistol I know of.

.25ACP would be a poor choice of a main weapon, but for a last ditch hideaway gun, the Bauer is nice quality.

The best way to use a .25 is at contact distance and go for the eye hole, ear hole, base of the skull or the thin part of the skull, at the temple.

BTW, original Browning grips fit and are a lot thinner than the pearl ones in the pic.

#8 ·
Skully,

I tend to agree with Mr. Saturday Night. The cost and future availability of .25acp ammo vs. say a 22LR for a Beretta 21 might be worth looking into. Then again, you may not shoot the daylights out of either. My Beretta 21 is 20+ years old and if I have 300 rounds through it, it's a lot. For the distance either would be used at, either would do the same job up close and personal.

If you like the Bauer, then by all means get one.

#10 ·
I actually have one of these Bauer pistols. It was given to me by a Marine Gunny when I was rotated into an east african country. He recommended that I put it in the crotch of my pants in case i got captured.

The trigger guard was too small for my finger. I had a local gunsmith take away the trigger guard.

The only time I used it was a time when I was in a big hurry and a camel had sat down on a bridge. I fired it in the air and she did not move. I fired it into her eye and she died. My jeep pushed it off the bridge.

BTW, I am a retired Navy Officer.

#15 ·
I've fired two of these, they were perfect.
Any stories to the contrary?
I found one for 219.00 and want to buy it.
Opinions wanted...
If you want it, get it.

The Bauer and Kassnar PSP copies of the Browning Baby are both decent little guns that are smaller than most other guns and are more reliable than a .22, being a centerfire that doesn't have the rimfire priming issues.

While I'm not the biggest fan of the .25ACP, it's still a gun and fun to fire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.