Survivalist Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Extendable and Collasable Bo Staff

77K views 52 replies 25 participants last post by  Jaqhama 
#1 ·
I know it's odd to think about but I am interested in creating one if there is not one already. I am in the hero business so when I think about one then it would be perfect for my team. It would be exactly like a extendable baton but in Bo Staff form. I need to know if any of you know if one is real and if one isn't then can you all help develop one with me?

#6 ·
only thing i came up with was
Acronym for Real Life Super Hero. People who dress up like comic book characters and pretend to fight crime, when in reality they are only living out their own pathetic juvenile childhood fantasies, because lets face it, if they ever tried to actually prevent real criminals from doing anything, they'd probably end up shot.
so what im getting is its like laarp or dungons and dragons?

and a quarter staff is deffinetly a working tool and plenty modern

#7 ·
first off it ain't fake and I know a few who have saved lives and put people in prison before they could have done something harmful to others. Second I need this so that I can carry more then one. I can't carry a wooden one in my vest or bag. I need one compact.

#8 ·
Serious question... why a 'bo staff'? A collapsible baton would be much better and more effective as a blunt instrument. If that's not 'cool enough'... then maybe you have your priorities a little screwed up for a masked do-gooder.

And just my opinion... but no one needs to dress up as a super hero to help people. Just be yourself, and be prepared, and do the right thing when the time comes... FOR THE RIGHT REASONS. If you're looking for validation by saving the day and going out, looking for the baddies, well... thats a really good way to get yourself stabbed. Maybe shot if you're unlucky enough.

#10 ·
Bo Staff cause some people in my team use that weapon better then a regular baton and we wear uniforms and armor like bullet proof vests, D3O, and ballistic armor to protect ourselves from attacks and also the masks to protect our family and friends.

#20 ·
honestly I do not know of any type of collapsable staff and for you to have a bo staff out of the same construction it would be so heavy as to be innifectual. so unless you fabricate your own i dont think your going to find one, and why does it have to be a staff type weapon? plenty of other pole arms that work but me personaly ill stick with my glock:thumb:

#22 ·
honestly if you want to live out some fantasy of being a badass join the military.

this is kinda a funny video lots of bad languafe you have been warned

#25 ·
im trying I just dont know enough about what your talking about to know if its a joke or serious or a lil of both personaly i think masked anybody walkin round town would attract bullets like magnets attract iron least here they would

just trying to keep an open mind :thumb:

#27 ·
I have seen RLSH stuff around. Never in real life though. But personally I think it is cool. Citizens watching out for other citizens that is all. A little out there, but still someone doing something instead of nothing.

Personally, I think there are other avenues, but that is just me.

Back to your main question... a collapsible bo staff. Are you looking for traditional Japanese bo? or any type of staff.

If any type of staff would do (and if legal in your area) There are interlocking three sectional staffs out there that convert into a 6 foot long staff. But you are looking at taking time to interlock them.

http://www.cutlerywholesaler.com/convertible-aluminum-three-sectional-staff.aspx

But really, I would still rather have one quality weapon than 2 marginal ones.

If you are looking at a true expandable bo staff kind of like an Automatic expandable baton, you will have to create one. Don't see why it would be that hard though.

#28 ·
Are you looking for something like this?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Multi-Function-Walking-Stick-Converts-into-a-Cha/

I like the design because it can be solid, not hollow. The three individual pieces can be used for various self defense situations. You could attach a leather strap to each section that just hangs there when the staff is put together. I'd use it on hikes, but if using it to thwart evil doers, atleast you could use the chair to wait for the cops to show up once you've done the job.

#32 ·
Superhero???...roflmao...and on top of it he says him and his buddies have swat style gear?...omg....#1 being a superhero is best left for the comic books..and #2 you tell people on here that you and your superhero friends have swat type gear on a forum that is in my very honest opinion being monitered by the feds?....son you need to enlist or join the local police....your going to either #1 get the holy hell sued out of you..#2 get the holy hell beat out of you..#3 end up getting killed...please leave the hero business to the professionals thats what their paid for....for the sake of your health.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.