Survivalist Forum banner

best .45 cal pistol

96K views 33 replies 29 participants last post by  maroonwarrior 
#1 · (Edited)
im wondering what the most accurate/reliable .45 cal semi-auto pistol is. what do you think? reliability is most important as well as affordability. i guess the best question would be what is the most practical 45

#7 ·
I'm wondering what the most accurate/reliable .45 cal semi-auto pistol is. What do you think?
Accurate for what?

Shooting Bullseye Target, IPSU, IDPA, Bowling Pins, What?

Level of accuracy is different, targets are different, ranges are different!

It's SIG, no it's STI, no it's Les Baer, no it's Glock, no it's Colt 1911, no it's Colt Officer's Model 1911, no it's Gold Cup Colt 1911, no it's Kimber, no it's HK, no it's Para Ordnance, no it's whatever you have in your damn hands at the time...

Is this before or after we send it to the gunsmith and have $1,000 worth of work added on?

#22 ·
Someone said: " You show your friends the 1911; you show your enemies the CLOCK".

I guess the definition of "the best" depends on you budget. If it's up to $600.00 I would go with GLOCK 21 or the XD; up to $1k, the HK would do nicely. Anything more expensive would be a waste of money, in my opinion.

As far as accuracy goes, all of the above pistols are combat accurate and probably more accurate then an average shooter can be.

Another point, if you are planning to CCW it then it's hard to do better then GLOCK 30SF.

I hope it helps.

#23 ·
I like quality 1911s. Sig, Glock, H&K, Kimber, Wilson, Colt, and several more are all very good to excellent guns. It becomes a matter of what you like and $$.

As far as 1911s I own Colts, Kimbers, and a Wilson Combat. I love all of them. I have a Glock 21, it's reliable and is fine as far as combat accuracy. I owned a Ruger, it was a good gun, but a little bulky.

Guns are like opinions. Same can be said about calibers. Get the gun you like and practice with it, a lot.

#24 ·
YOU JUST DESCRIBED A GLOCK.

Everybody is just PUSHES their own "brand", it makes me sick. It's pathetic.

My personal choice for a .45 is a combat commander type, but you did not ask for personal choices. You gave a specific criteria and GLOCK is IT. Again my personal choice for a .45 is a 1911. I have no plans to own a Glock .45

I've used every weapon mentioned above. 1st choice Glock based on your criteria.
Any other "suggestions" are just "brand" hocking.

GOOD LUCK

#26 ·
Another vote here for the HK USP.
I have an HK USP Tactical .45 that is the most accurate and easy to shoot .45 I have ever owned.... and it comes with standard 12rd magazines.

I got the tactical version because it comes with a threaded barrel and elevated sights. I use a gemtech blackside suppressor on it and can still use the sights above the suppressor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.