Survivalist Forum banner

NatGeo- Ultimate Survival Alaska

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  bootmud 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The guys I have been filming with, auditioned for this show. They did not make it. However, the recruiters said they had no doubt they could easily survive the challenge...easily...as in "you guys are good...too good, sorry, we can't use you"

My impression was that they were not looking for guys with real skill. They wanted inept bafoons who "Think" they can do it. They wanted real drama queen type characters.

#4 ·
You guys have to remember, these shows are not for *us*. They are for the main stream sheeple who live in the fantasy dream world where their couch, a bowl of popcorn and tub of ice cream allows them to be part of the greatest adventures ever.

#5 ·
That's like ice road truckers. biggest bunch of crap and stupidity and just plain pure dee-old nonsense there ever was. if they'd let the real haul road veteran truckers write and do that show, it would have been awesome and would have amazed the world.

for survival, the good ones are mostly gone now that actually lived the life of trapping and homesteading in the bush. and there again, the producers would never let them tell or show the world how they really did it, or actually do, do it.

it's all for show and some producer's imaginations and his romantic ideas of what he thinks people want to see.

#7 ·
I don't know about Iceroad truckers, but I do feel a big part of these wilderness survival shows is about keeping the sheeple thinking the woods are a big bad scarey place so they don't venture off the tracks too much.

I completely support that btw...the woods are crowded enough. Last thing i want is shows on how easy this stuff realy is, and my woods getting filled with people...that i am there to escape from in the first place.

#10 ·
Its funny and sad when hollywood gets involved in a simple process like surviving in a place thats uber hostile. I lived three years near Eagle,AK and can say with some confidence that the yahoos on that show are just that. The sons and father team must be pig farmers from Kansas. They waste more fuel and rescouces than any common man could afford, and "if it's too heavy it won't fly". Just my humble opinion from a survivor of three winters, two plane wrecks,one bear atack, and being without and making due with no money in the dark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.