Survivalist Forum banner

Whats the best emergency radio?

32K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Halkon 
#1 ·
Who has experience with these radios? I am looking for one that will pick up broadcasts clearly and won't break the bank. I have surfed the net and found many but I really don't have the jest to know which one I can truly rely on. Word has it they must be digital as Government is doing away with analog. Thanks much!!!!

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I am not broke but I am just trying to get the best bang for the buck. I just didn't want to buy a playschool crap radio that only picks up signals at 3 in the morning. Just need a very dependable emergeny band radio that picks up the weather and all government broadcasts, maybe even some local yokel chatter, any info would help.

#15 ·
http://www.etoncorp.com/Eton_Product_Line
Heres the eton lineup of radios. pay attention to what you need from them. some are waterproof and some are not. i currently have the eton microlink fr150.
Includes noaa radio (7 channels) solar charger, usb charging option, cell phone charging adapter, 3 led light. this unit is outstanding. only thing i dont like is:
you dont get a warning tone for severe weather when unit is turned off..
Edit: likes....more than one option for charging if one fails. if the handcrank quits working, throw it on the dash for a couple of hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.