Survivalist Forum banner

Where is all the .223 / 556 ammo going?

18K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  ScottyGunn 
#1 ·
Is everyone giving ammo for a Christmas present this year or is there something going on with .223/556 ammo? Try buying bulk, brass cased ammo right now.

#2 ·
Nope! Most is being panic purchased by those of us that realized the may have waited TOO long. Some may be right. Wasn't anyone paying attention four years ago???

#7 ·
My buddy was looking for some and called me while at the gun shop. He bought an AR15 for his daughter and wanted some ammo.....had a heck of a time finding anything but the 20 round boxes and finally settled on the last box of WPI steel case stuff. I checked online for him while we were on the phone....all on back order! Glad I bought a bunch already.

#8 ·
Guess I should have placed my order yesterday!

The reason people are buying are:
1. fears about the recent election, everytime there is an election people buy. People think that a 2nd term pres might enact some stiffer gun laws.
2. with the recent shootings people are worried that there might be a ban on purchasing ammo over the internet which will lead to huge price increases and even more shortages. The good news is I will be rich!

If you look around there will be some to be found, but it will be over fifty cents per round. I guess if all the 5.56 is gone I'll just put .44mag and 7.62x51, there are always other things to buy.

#12 ·
I checked out my local guy today and picked up 500 5.56 federal FMJ for $160. He also had PMC Bronze .223 FMJ for $330/1000. That seemed pretty reasonable for what I've been seeing lately. I picked up 300 5.56 PMC green tips with a plastic ammo can at Cabelas for $124 yesterday. The ammo is out there. Look locally, you'll probably have better luck than the internet right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.