Survivalist Forum banner

Yugo Milled M64 underfolder...good rifle?

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MIL-DOT 
#1 ·
I have am about to buy a Yugo M64 underfolder for $550.
Is that a good deal and is that a good rifle?
What is the difference in the M64 vs M70?
I want an underfolder and I would appreciate any feedback that you can offer.

#3 ·
Yugo's have long been considered very good AK's, but the problem is that nearly all of them you'll see have very little Yugo in them ;).
Most of the ones around will have an American made reciever, and an American trigger group ( which most U.S. sold AK's have long had( but also probably an American made,non-chrome lined barrel ( which even the newer Romanian WASR's are now getting) . All good stuff, but NOT Yugo.
Another point, the Milled thing is just a bunch of hype,milled AK's are simply more expensive and heavier. That's about it. ( And I own a few Ak's, and have owned many others, including the Mac-Daddy's, the now highly-prized Polytechs, both the milled Legend, and stamped Type 56,).
I've also owned one of the underfolding Yugos ( Century M70, as I recall, but sold it for big bucks back during The Great Assault Weapons Panic of '08). It was a nice rifle, but it was quite heavy ( and that's with only the 1.6 mm. stamped reciever) and the metal underfolder was the non-ergonomic pain in the ass I was warned that it would be ( but I aaallllllways wanted an UF, so I just haaad to get me one:rolleyes: )
If you just love the rifle, and have the money burning a hole in your pocket, well, I understand that. But if you're looking for ONE good SHTF rifle, then I honestly recommend you look at something else, like maybe an already converted Saiga. Take a look at Classicarms and see what they're doing over there.

#6 ·
HeHe, should have held on to that M70. Those things are going for big bucks now.
Um,not so sure, since I got $850 for it :D:. I don't know what they're going for right this minute, but not that long ago, I was seeing Century Yugo's still going for under $500. Plus, as I said, I didn't really like the rifle, so no regrets either way.

edit: Yep, you're right, they have gone up. Atlantic has some Yugo UF's going for $799, but these are apparantly nicer than the Century rifles, and come with more authentic Yugo parts.http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct751.aspx
But, Atlantic has always been a bit on the high side, and a PITA to deal with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.