Survivalist Forum banner

The good guys won. So will ammo/gun prices go down?

20K views 55 replies 48 participants last post by  CPL_BS_88 
#1 ·
How about it? Can i finally go out and buy a @#$%^&*!!! box of 22 LR, 380, 9mm, 5.56 or 223? do you think prices will drop some? Let's hope so.

#7 ·
Not even close to being over. They only voted on the amendments, not the original bill. Even if all fails .. they WILL find ways to backdoor to make your weapon as effective as a hammer by attempting to impose ridiculously high taxes on ammunition and whatever else they can. Bet on it.

Be vigilant 'cause this is only ONE BATTLE .. the war is not over.

And NO .. I don't see prices and/or availability of ammunition any time soon.

#31 ·
Exactly on Target

That was my take on this whole mess in 2008. I calculated how many more years I estimate I will still be shooting, looked at the 5 calibers I use, and then put the pedal to the metal.

When a clerk, that's all the gun shop boys are to me, with some stellar exceptions, raised an eyebrow, like the slacker 3 days after Sandy Hook when I saw 880 round cases of 5.56 at $425, I explain its on sale. Then I ask him if he ever buys anything. He said yes. I asked him when the last time was he saw anything at all, i.e. groceries or clothes or gas and said to himself, "wow, I cann't remember seeing prices so low before!"

So like the man says, think bloody long term. The dems are handing out the public treasury like its free candy. They are doing it to keep themselves in power and the freeloaders, now over half the voters, will keep them in office. They cann't wait to turn off the spigot to the ammo supply.

Get the big strategic picture and buy it now. I really am laughing at the people who didn't see this whole mess coming. Didn't they see the UN small arms treaty and its provisions for what it was? Clinton and Obama have walked around Congress to try and treaty this stuff in. Granted, Senate must approve, but Obama's intentions have been on fully naked display all along.

Peace Out.

#11 ·
I think guns and ammo will probably be more readily available in a few months . Give the manufacturers time to catch up with demand .
I don't think prices will ever go down . Don't be surprised when guns and ammo are back in stock that they cost A LOT more than they used to .
Even before the panic buying the cost of guns and ammo were rising about 25% a year .

#13 ·
wow as i have posted in other thread I see things in my area getting back to normal. local wally world had 10 - 15 boxes of tula 223 and some 9mm the other day at normal ricing. local outfitter had 223 components back in stock for normal prices . so I would say some are already seeing it

#14 ·
I checked a few on line gun sites last night, I saw AR's that were selling for $1,200 a week ago listed for $800-900. I've also seen more ammo become available. I think if the President doesn't try to get gun control via a executive order the prices will drop to about 20% above of last years prices. I also expect to see a lot of unused AR's for sale at the end of the year.

#25 ·
This was just a minor minor minor battle in a major WAR! We have to make sure we vote, our friends vote, our families vote, our neighbors vote and our coworkers vote!!!! And pray they don't vote liberal!

#26 ·
Actually this is one of the major battles of a very long war. We need to all join every pro gun group that we can. We need to keep sending letters constantly and take as many people to the shooting range as you can. What we do now will determine how much freedom our grandkids will have (and for some of you guys I'm talking about your grandkid's kids).

#27 ·
Pre-scare prices will never return...ever. Why would they? Shops charging standard prices during the panic have already increased their margin.

Why would ammo prices go down? They never have before.

Continue to pile it high and deep. You may not be able to afford it in the future with the prices of food, gas and other items skyrocketing.

#29 ·
Prices will drop hugely

Gun and ammo manufacturers are running their factory at levels not seen in decades (maybe ever) but the population is not going up, and there aren't a bunch more people shooting. What is happening right now is that people are buying waaay more guns and ammo than they can use or afford. Eventually much of this stuff is going to end up for sale, and people are going to start shooting what they have rather than buying more. When that happens, prices will fall through the floor.

There is obviously a vested interest buy the manufacturers and dealers to keep us believing that this our last chance to buy guns or ammo, but the reality in Washington simply does not match that feeling. The Senate couldn't even pass a requirement for universal background checks, an idea supported by a majority of even NRA members, so how likely do you think it is that Congress will limit ammo sales or enact a new "assault weapons" ban? This whole "shortage" is nothing but pure speculating and gouging.

#28 ·
I actually saw steel cased 9mm monarch at academy today. It will get better then alot worse when the elections come near then drop a little till Obama finish his term and if he doesn't pull any crap.

I don't believe things will really be good till we have a halfway decent president that isn't actively trying to destroy America.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.