Survivalist Forum banner

Portable Stove

11K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  6Roughneck1 
#1 ·
I have looked at a few stoves from Sterno to others, but this looks pretty cool and super simple to use. Has anyone had any experience with a stove like this?

Semper Fi

A simple easy to use portable stove from tokarevnation.com

#3 ·
Matter of fact, I just searched it up and will copy and paste.

I guess I don't even have a pic on my phone. Try this. Get a venom bottle, remove paint (or not) with scotch bright pad or whatever. Stand up and mark 2.64" up, a good mark. Stand upside down and mark at 2.075". Cut accurately with a mitre saw if you have one. I've made them using scissors but it's not an easy cut. I've also mounted a razor blade on a base and rotated the bottle around it a million times 'till it was ripable. Mitre saw is a lot easier. Clean up cuts. On the top end, drill 4 1mm holes just under the rolled over end. I used 1mm 'cause it was the smallest I had when I made the first one. You will probably need to wrap your drill bit in tape to get your chuck to hold it, none of my drills tightened down enough to hold tiny drill bits. You could also go jungle and use a needle, awl or fine knife point. Take the top part and stick it down into the bottom, skinny end down. Now just push it in, might take a little force but it's not too bad. I use a mostly used roll of rubber electrical insulating tape in the inner peice and a chunk of aluminum round stock and a mallet but anything will do as long as it isnt too hard. Watch from straight above to make sure it going straight but it's also not too hard to correct. When it's all the way down and the drinky end is flush with domed center of the bottom, you'll notice the outer (bottom part) is a tad taller than the inner. Now take a ball pien hammer and use the pien part to slowly go around the edge and tap that little extra towards the center. Pretty quickly it'll be all bent over 90° and you can lay it on its side on a magazine or something firm but not rock hard. It's pretty easy to continue tapping away and pretty soon it's folded over against the inner piece and sealed. Now just stand your cordless drill on your bench and stack crap up so when you set your stove on it, the 1mm bit in your drill is about 3/4" from the top. Drill holes about every 1/4" and it's good to go! You can make the holes super accurate and spaced precisely but it doesn't matter that much. I made a jig out of steel shim stock that I pipe clamp on the stove. I use only denatured alcohol and it's beautiful. Be careful though, making AND using one!
Last edited by ashhoe; 01-14-2011 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Clarity I guess, and I can't spell.

#8 ·
Best alcohol stove I've used was a batchstovez design. There bullet proof !

They have a you-tube of how there made.

Used one all summer in the Colorado Mts. Boiled water, cooked eggs, steaks Ect. Ect.

Also a wind screen is a nescity with them (makes the more effecent to).

Try them out at home first before using out in the field & experment with the fuel that works best for you. For me the Yellow HEET gas-line-antifreese works best.......& alcohol if it leaks in a pack won't destroy things like other fuels.

wonderer

#11 ·
Ive made several similar types of stoves like the one he uses. My favorite is the pop can stove the uses alcohol for fuel. Ive carried mine on long motorcycle trips and its very handy for meals like the stew he makes or just to make a cup of coffee. Fuel is also easily obtained and I usually use the heet (in the yellow bottle in his video) and for most meals 60 cc's of fuel is adequate. The whole set up will fit in most sandwich size zip lock baggies to easy carry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.