Survivalist Forum banner

Current value of a PreBan Polytech Ak-47

38K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Kymudder08 
#1 ·
I have been offered a Preban Chinese Polytech AK-47 rifle that has blonde wood stock that does not fold. It has an under folding bayonet and I have been told it has all matching numbers. The pictures make the gun look flawless. I would probably get 1 magazine with this gun.

My question is how much is it worth? I know it is worth a lot and it would require me selling one or two of my guns to do this deal and I just want to make sure I don't get screwed.

#5 ·
They can ask whatever they want but a good price on one is around $1500. There are a few collectors about but they usually have them all already and aren't looking to add to them unless they can steal it. My original Yugo M90 imported by Mitchell Arms is the rarest of all the AK's but they aren't really worth what they used to be because interest has gone to the newer systems.

#8 ·
I don't know about the whole "Russians are better" thing. Sure they more than likely are better than some but you would be hard pressed finding one better than my 56S. Also any "new" AK's are going to be assembled here in the States. One reason many preban guns go for a premium is they are built at their original factories and brought in complete.

#9 ·
are all pre ban ak47s generaly higher in price? im not sure of the brand but my neighbor has one back home and he might sell it to me for $550, he said its new in box and has never been fired. he also said he has had it for 25 years or longer. is that a good deal?

#10 ·
From what I have seen most preban AKs are higher in price. Some are just higher than others because of their quality or rarity. That being said I would snap up any AK I could at that price as long as it wasn't a post ban WASR then I would look it over real good first. There is always that benefit of a face to face transfer of a gun many in government don't want you to have and there is no trail that you have it. Oh and if it is a Norinco 56S I would buy it from you for $650 :D:

#11 ·
i wish he knew what it was the suspence is killing me. all i know is its still in the box never been fired and he has had it for over 25 years and he SAID it is a pre ban. the deal isnt yet final because its in chicago and he plans on going and getting a few of his guns. but he likes the price i offered him, the only catch is i dont wanna screw him over but like he said he has no use for it.

#12 ·
If it is a Norinco 56S take it and run. They are highly sought and one of the better AK variations. They have the heavier receiver and a heavier chrome lined barrel than most. I have never had a single issue with mine and want to get another because my wife has fallen in love with mine so I would like to get her one of her own.

#13 ·
if it is 7.62x39 it worth maybe 800
if its 556, about 1200
good luck getting any where near that, but then again there's dumbazzes everywhere.

chicom ak could be bought back in the day at 180 to 250 so,,,,,if you can trade in to it at 400ish, idd do it.

if your planning on keeping it, idd pass, i just know euro ak's are better

#15 ·
I have a polytech underfolder preban that's used in excellent condition. It's not the legend but its worth $1500 or more depending on buyer. The market is saturated with ar type guns but there will never be more preban imported aks, especially from china. They are sought after because they're as close to a real AK as you can get. 100% built in a Chinese factory (and I'm pretty sure with Russian equipment) and shipped complete. They're not some 922r compliant piece of junk they're passin off as an ak these days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.