Survivalist Forum banner

Brita* Bottle w/ Filter

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Inazone 
#1 ·
So I just saw a commercial of the Brita bottle w/ filter. I haven't look on any site just yet. Is it any good?

#11 ·
I bought one ($10) and this is exactly what I plan on using it for in my B.O.B.. For everyday use, it really depends on whats in the water. I tried it at work (horrible tasting drinking water) and it did cut down on the taste and made it a little more palatable.

#8 ·
It will remove some chemicals that other filters like katadyn and sawyer will miss. Brita is basically just activated charcoal. So it will absorb chemicals and such. I would have no problem running water through a birta after it has been run through another filter. Though you are correct in that they do not last long.

#13 ·
Months ago I did the math on their commercial with the bottles wrapping around the world X many times, by buying one that eliminates X amount of plastic bottles polluting the world. Well it would take something like 30 million of these things to be purchased to get rid of the worlds bottles for a year.

That's about 1 in every 10 American citizens. I find that comercial to be somewhat of a turn off to the product as they had to pitch saving the enviorment to buying it. Everyone should know that recycling is B.S.

Ok, I'll step off the soap box now.

#14 ·
i was gunna use the brita bottle in my b.o.b. thought about using a coffee filter first, then run it through the brita bottle n finally treat it w bleach or chemical. if possible id boil it but chances are ill wanna keep moving n dont wanna make a fire. so from the more experienced... good idea or get another filter bottle?

#16 ·
The Brita bottle is great . . . for what it is. The water from drinking fountains at work is wretched stuff, but is quite tolerable through the charcoal filter of my Brita bottle. I've sent one to my wife to use for on-base water while deployed to Kuwait as well, per her request. That said, I would not use it to purify potentially unsafe water, only to improve the taste of water that is safe but unpleasant. I have Katadyn bottles in our BOBs in case we're ever forced to drink from questionable sources.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.