Survivalist Forum banner

No firearms licence, whats your home defence weapon?

36K views 157 replies 70 participants last post by  Warrigal 
#1 ·
So we down here on this side of the world need a firearms to own rifles and the like depending on the class and endorsement of the licence.

For those that can't/won't/don't have a licence what would be your method of home protection if push came to shove?

#134 ·
Gone Fishing

WE picked up some 3 prong fishing spears made of aluminium with the extension, kind of reminds me of the aboriginal spears with the woomera attached. We also picked up a spear gun that was in great condition at a garage sale, we are keeping them together with the fishing gear but they are not illegal and I think quite handy for the other purpose as well.

#137 ·
It is interesting that noone at this thread for Australia mentions a boomerang. They are evrywhere so it will not raise any questions why you had a boomerang on the wall in the bedroom or near a door. The ones I saw here are really big, have sharp edges and I even saw one made from metal. It can be used as a club or a throwing weapon even if it does not come back, just have more then one. In case of problems with the police you definetly can get media attention and support with a story "Man defends home with boomerang". With some traning you can get really good with it. And the day that goverment will try to restrict use of boomerangs in Australia will probably be the last for the goverment or the country.

#148 ·
My first layer of defence is the lego minefield, depth is provided by larger childrens' noisy toys which make noise if bumped along with toppled kids furniture and numerous tripwires made up of controllers randomly attached to various games consoles. Furniture is arranged in a random complex pattern labeled " Just put it there Darling!"
If they get through that unscathed.......

#149 ·
I NEVER KEEP NOR CARRY ANY INSTRUMENT FOR SELF-DEFENCE!

SUCH IS THE LAW WHERE I LIVE.

AND.

I RESPECT AND OBEY THE LAW!

IN IT's OBSERVANCE!

NOT IN IT'S BREACH!!

Chemical fire extinguishers in the home and the vehicle are to put out fires, just as the First Aid kit in both are to treat injuries.

I would not dream of spraying anything other than insects with Baygone.

There is absolutely NOTHING sir/madam in my kitchen or tool box which was EVER designed or intended for the destruction of any other human being!

My long torch is for power failures and road breakdowns ONLY.

I do not own a gun.

My bow is for target practice only.

I would NOT own a slingshot as such things are illegal where I live.

I am a gentle and pacifistic man who KNOWS that the pen is mightier than the sword and that a car is mightier than both.

How ANYBODY could possibly have such a sick gun fetish as to be cleaning their telescopic sighted double barrel Luger shotgun a 0300hrs is beyond me!

I just think you all worry too much. :-(

#158 ·
Long, - (not lunar long sjambok is a fine deterrent for snakes and mean tempered mutts).

It is also a sex toy within some circles.

And by law no-one should be discriminated against because of their sexuality.

B...but ........."YOUR WORSHIP!........MY WIFE WOULD LEAVE ME IF I DID'NT SPANK HER WITH THIS!!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.