Survivalist Forum banner

.308 Plastic Practice Ammo???

9K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  fireman71 
#1 ·
Have any of you tried this ammo? Looks interesting, plus its cheap. Claims it is accurate to 300-350yds. Wondering how loud it is, and if I could shoot "varmints" with it. Does it leave plastic in the barrel? Might try a box in the bolt gun.

#5 ·
I just shot about 100 rounds of 7.62- 39 through a sks and it functioned well,accurate and 0 problems. I have heard it was only good for 100 yards or less,I was shooting at 30-50 yards. I did not know it was plastic when I bought it,found out later about that. It is copper plated and I would love to find some more esp. at the price I paid for it back then,I think a dollar or 1.50 per 20 rounds about 15 years ago. It makes good plinking ammo at short range but I would be surprised if it would even carry out to 300 yards,I forget what grain the bullet is but it is very light like 30 or so grains.

#8 ·
I imagine you are referring to the blue plastic stuff on the market. It is a target ammo good up to maybe 200 meters at best for grins. It could kill someone up close but I would not recommend it. We have shot some of it through bolt guns but it does not function well in auto feeds. It is like a gallery round. I have some just for my collection.

#16 ·
hmmm, never seen any of these. As for the "noise" from the round I would say it should be a bit quieter at least since the lighter plastic round would require less powder to push it down range. This might sound handy to some, but i really don't see the point. If I need to shoot a target quietly for whatever reason odds are that the target will need a true round to take it down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.