alcohal wipes
gauze for fire starter
flies
hooks
fishing line
scalpel blade
large trash bag
Laytex glove for water storage

What else should I include and what is the best spark type fire starter?

Thanks,
TH

#2 ·
IMHO for 72hrs forget about the fishing kit. You can live without food for a lot longer than that. Unless you're somewhere warm you'll die of hypothermia first.

Energy bar if you wanted food.
Painkillers?
Money?
Bandages?

Are you carrying this around all the time? Hence the tiny size.
If you could go for something a little bit bigger then it would be more practical?

Is it for an emergency or TEOTWAWKI?
How about a whistle if it's an emergency?
Tiny torch?

Just bouncing ideas.
YB

#3 ·
I have the same thing as a small project I made. I wouldn't use a latex for water storage, but rather fold a small oven bag.

Matches are a good thing to add. A small signal mirror, add a couple of water purification tabs and maybe aspirin and benadryl. It would suck to discover you had an allergy to something at a survival point.

#7 ·
small back or fanny pack
how about a 4x8 sheet of 3 mil plastic,would carry 2-water bottles, knife, and you would be indestinguishable from a yuppie (camoflage)

#8 ·
I am wanting to put one in my day pack for "just in case" and another one in my lunch box to get me to my truck where I will have more supplies. Which brings me to another question. We use my truck as the "family vehicle" when we take trips. What all would you include in a kit for 2 adults and 2 children that would not get in the way of every day use of the truck? My wife is totaly NOT on board with this but says if I this is something that I have to do she will leave it alone.
Thanks,
TH

#13 ·
I like what your doing here, but I have to ask why?

Certainly you coud pick a more reasonable size, fanny pack for instance

I'm not trying to be negitive just realistic. My thoughts are, given you have some form of shelter (depending on the climate) fill that can with water ! you will need more of that before anything else !

Nice work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.